1. The name of the Party is 'The North East Party' (NEP)
2. The purpose of NEP is to promote Regional Government for the North East of England and to further the cause of democracy and equality by supporting those who would stand for election to local government and regional bodies on the basis of direct accountability to local people.
3. NEP is a democratic members organisation open to all who support our aims on the payment of a minimum £5.00 annual fee.
4. The Annual General Meeting (AGM ) of the NEP is held in June each year when all officer posts are available for election and reports and accounts are available to be scrutinised and received.
5. The Governing Body of the NEP is the Executive Committee (EC) which comprises the following officer posts :
Chair (Leader), Vice Chair(Deputy Leader), Secretary, Treasurer, Public Relations Officer, Social Media and Design Officer.
6. NEP holds monthly member meetings throughout the year which are open to all members to attend.
7. The logo of NEP is
This Constitution was agreed at a meeting held at Great Lumley Community Centre on Thursday February 20th 2014 attended by
the following people :
Officers elected to AGM 2014
Social Media and Design Officer
and further supported by the following members on March ….2014